Why Physical Therapy?
Physical Therapy promotes wellness, mobility and independent function. Physical Therapists have advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it from moving well and how to restore mobility.
Benton Physical Therapy can also help you to prevent most of the above conditions by offering advice on posture, exercise, workplace and lifestyle habits.
Is Physical Therapy for Me?
Physical Therapists are experts on movement and function. At Benton Physical Therapy our Physical Therapists are skilled at assessing and managing a range of conditions including:
- Mobility problems related to neurological disorders such as stroke, spinal cord injury or Parkinson’s disease
- Neck and back pain and other joint injuries
- Paediatric conditions such as developmental delay, fractures and cardio respiratory conditions
- Physical complications of cancer and its treatment
- Physical conditions such as back pain, arthritis and repetitive strain injury
- Post surgery recovery
- Pre- and post-natal problems and other women’s health conditions
- Respiratory and cardiac conditions
- Sports injuries
At Benton Physical Therapy your Therapists work as part of a team with you and sometimes other health care providers or sports coaches. The success of your Physical Therapy program usually requires your co-operation outside of our Therapy clinic. You will probably be required to participate in an exercise program or some modifications to your postural or lifestyle habits. Your dedication to Therapy “homework” will greatly enhance the outcome of your program and will help you to achieve your goals as quickly as possible.
You can expect your Therapist will follow the system below to ensure your time in Physical Therapy and at home is used effectively to reach your goals.
- Assess your symptoms.
- Communicate with any other health professionals involved with your condition, such as your doctor, to ensure a united approach to achieving your goals.
- Continually evaluate the effect of treatment on your condition and adjust the treatment plan if necessary.
- Diagnose your condition.
- Help you to manage your condition at home and to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Plan your treatment.
- Treat your condition.
At Benton Physical Therapy our Therapists keep up-to-date with the latest in medical and sports science research to help them select treatments that have been scientifically proven to help your condition.
Some of the treatments that our Therapists at may use include:
- Advice and education
- Electrotherapy such as ultrasound therapy and electrical stimulation
- Mobilization of joints
- Therapeutic exercise
Make Benton Physical Therapy your first choice for Physical Therapy in Central Arkansas.